Gallery Shows Information & Calendar
Gallery Shows are held at the WVAL Gallery at the Wimberley Community Center, 14068 Ranch Rd 12. As a WVAL member, you are both invited and urged to submit works for these juried shows. Following is permanent information:
- All show openings are on a Friday and each show ends on a Tuesday (unless otherwise specified).
- Submissions for each show are on the Tuesday morning at the Community Center (from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.) prior to the show opening. Any submissions after 11 a.m. will not be accepted.
- When submitting your art, please also bring the following:
- Please read the Show Guidelines on the prospectus or the Specific Guideline Details below before submitting your artwork.
- Art Work accepted into each show must be picked up by 10 a.m. on the morning after the Show End Date. (i.e. Pick up day is the same day as Jury Day for the new show).
|GALLERY SHOWS 2019|
|JURY DAY||HANGING DAY||RECEPTION||SHOW DURATION|
|Tuesday, January 8||Wednesday, January 9||Friday, January 11||January 9 – February 19|
|Tuesday, February 19||Wednesday, February 20||Friday, February 22||February 20 – April 8|
|Student Show||Tuesday, April 9||Friday, April 11||April 9 – May 13|
|Tuesday, May 14||Wednesday, May 15||Friday, May 17||May 15 – July 16|
|Tuesday, July 16||Wednesday, July 17||Friday, July 19||July 17 – September 10|
|Tuesday, September 10||Wednesday, September 11||Friday, September 13||September 11 – November 5|
|Tuesday, November 5||Wednesday, November 6||Friday, November 8||November 6 – January 7, 2020|
Specific Guideline Details
- Entry is available to WVAL artists. Entrants may submit up to 4 artworks for this exhibit. The non-refundable application fee is $25. This application and release form must be completed and submitted on entry day. You are invited to bring a one-page bio. Artwork previously exhibited in the WVAL gallery is not eligible. Subject matter should be appropriate for all visitors to the WVAL Gallery which is a family oriented venue housed in the Wimberley Community Center. Therefore no nudes or potentially controversial subjects may be displayed. Please check the Media Guidelines on the label page, for example, acceptable mediums for various art categories.
- Only ORIGINAL works of art, including fine art prints, photographs and digital art signed by the artist will be accepted in shows. We encourage artists to enter recent work, and all entries must have been done entirely by the artist. Reproductions (e.g., Giclées) from paintings and drawings are NOT allowed.
- Because of space limitations, the height plus width plus depth of each entry must total no more than 96 inches. All artwork must be dry. Two-dimensional art should be framed, or unframed with finished edges (no visible staples). Artwork must be ready for hanging on our hanging system with tightly stretched wire securely attached on both sides, down 1/4 of the artwork height measured from the top of the piece. No sawtooth hangers.
- Sales: All artwork must be for sale, and prices may not be changed after entry. Artwork sold will remain in the gallery for the duration of the show. WVAL will collect, report, and pay the sales taxes to the State of Texas. WVAL will retain 30% commission on sales. 70% will be forwarded to the artist at the end of the show. All sales should go through Debra Vincent, our treasurer, email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry: Entries should be delivered to the Wimberley Community Center, Johnson Hall on the Tuesday prior to the Show Opening on Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Return between 1:00pm and 2:00pm that same Tuesday to pick up unselected entries. Unclaimed artwork will be stored at an outside facility at a cost to the artist of $10 per day, per piece. If an entry is selected, it will remain at the Community Center to be displayed from the November 2 Artists’ Reception through January 8, 2019.