For members desiring to become a displaying artist in the Art in Public Places program please email Charlotte Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ART IN PUBLIC PLACES.
- Participation is on a first come first served basis.
- There are 37 slots for 2D artists.
- There are only 3 slots for 3D artists
- Any artist over and above the afore mentioned slots will be put on a waiting list.
Approved Venues for Art in Public Places
- Medical Plaza Lobby – 10 – 12 pieces, 2D
- Dr. Price’s Office – 8 – 12 pieces, 2D
- Wimberley Library – 16 – 32 pieces, 2D
- Wimberley Library – 3, 3D
- Ozona Bank – 2, 2D
- Wimberley Visitor’s Center – 1, 2D
- Artist’s receive 100% of the sale price of their art. There is no commission involved.
- Participating artists are required to display a minimum of one piece of work during each rotation.
- Depending on the number of artists participating, the venue, and the size of the 2D work, more art from individual artists may be accepted/hung.
- Please inform the APP Chairperson of how many pieces of work you wish to hang, and the size of each piece, prior to rotation day. You will be informed prior to delivery of your art if this is possible.
- For 2D art, please space wires no lower than 4″ from the top of the work. Wires need to be pulled as tight as possible, i.e., straight across the painting with no sag/give in the wire.
- Saw-tooth hangers will NOT work and are NOT allowed.
- All art work will be hung for the artists by the Art in Public Places committee.
- Rotation of art work is every four months for Medical Plaza, Dr. Price and the Library. Dates for rotations are the first Thursday of every month. 2018 dates are:
- January 4
- May 3
- September 6
- Ozona Bank and the Wimberley Visitors Center will have monthly rotations.
- Each artist participating in Art in Public Places will be given one, one-month opportunity during each twelve-month period to display a single piece of their art in one of these venues concurrent with displaying their art in the Medical Plaza, Dr. Price’s Office or the Wimberley Library.
- Unfortunately, there can be no special requests from artists on where they want to hang their art; this is both problematic to administer and not fair to other artists.
- A yearly list of participants and when their art will hang in which venue will be published up front via email and on the WVAL website.
- Rotation reminders will be sent out
- Two weeks prior to rotation
- One week prior to rotation
- The day before rotation
- Artwork must be delivered to the assigned venue by 10 am the morning of each rotation day.
- All Artwork will be hung by a special hanging committee.
Venue Assignments & Artist Agreements