Annual Show & Sale General Information
Each year the WVAL hosts a Show & Sale at the Wimberley Community Center for our members to display and sell their art. Each year the theme changes, and depending on circumstances the timing may be Summer of Fall.
- Shows are held during a weekend. See the schedule below for specific timing.
- Entry Fees are $40 per member participating. The fee is paid through PayPal via an online application.
- Participants are REQUIRED to help with both SET-UP and TEAR-DOWN, as well as volunteer for a 3-HOUR MINIMUM WORK SHIFT on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday in order to participate.
- Artists deliver their art on a Thursday afternoon.
- Since there is no storage facility, each member participating must pick up their unsold work after the close of the show on Sunday.
- Thursday & Friday Set-up
- Thursday Afternoon – Artist’s Deliver their Artwork
- Friday Night Opening Reception
- Saturday All Day Show & Sale
- Sunday Afternoon Show & Sale
- Sunday Breakdown & Clean-up
- Sunday Artists Pick-up Unsold Artwork After Show Closes
- This is a non-juried exhibit. Entry is available to all active members of WVAL in good standing for the past 3 months prior to the show & sale.
- Participants must volunteer for a 3-hour minimum work shift on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday in order to participate.
- 4 pieces for hanging art
- Maximum 20 unframed pieces in one self-provided bin or rack.
- Jewelry and 3D artists will be provided with one 6” table and black tablecloth and will be responsible for their area and display.
- Jewelry and 3D pieces are not limited in number as long as they fit on the one table provided.
- Only original artwork, including fine art prints, photographs, and digital art signed by the artist will be accepted.
- All artwork must have been created entirely by the artist.
- Art subject matter should be appropriate for all ages.
- Wimberley Community Center is a family-friendly venue.
- The Show & Sale Committee reserves the right to reject any artwork because of its subject matter.
- All artwork must be dry to touch.
- Two-dimensional art should be framed or unframed with finished edges – no visible staples.
- SIZE LIMIT – Because of space limitations, hanging art must be no larger than 96” height and width combined.
- WEIGHT LIMIT –
Sale of Artwork
- Artwork labels will be provided by the league for each artist’s four hanging 2D pieces only.
- All others must be labeled by the artist.
- All artwork must be for sale and prices may not be changed after entry. WVAL will collect, report, and pay the sales taxes to the State of Texas. WVAL will retain 10% commission with 90% going to the artist (this is a change from past years). The artists will receive their checks by mail within a month from the end of the show & sale. All sales will take place at the main sales desk. Each item sold will be recorded on the artist’s inventory sheet.
Registration for The 2019 Show & Sale Opens in the Fall of 2019
Payment is made through the SECURE PayPal website – You DO NOT need a PayPal account in order to register and process payment.