JOIN THE GROUP AND JOIN THE FUN
Wimberley Valley Art League welcomes all new members with an interest in the arts, be you an artist or lover of the arts.
We are proud of Wimberley’s penchant for the arts and want to assist other artists, commune with other artists and foster arts in our environment.
Joining is simple. There is NO “jurying-in” to become a member. Below is information to help you decide if joining the WVAL is right for you.
PayPal is SAFE, SECURE, and EASY to use. You DO NOT need to have a PayPal Account to join the WVAL or renew your membership!
NEW members joining any month of the year, including the Fall of any given year, MUST renew their membership by December 15 of that year to remain a member during the following year.
a LATE FEE OF $10 will be charged to all previous years members renewing after the December 15 cut off date.
If you prefer to complete a paper form, please come to a meeting on the second Monday of the month, September – May (we take the summer off) and we will be happy to take your membership application. Detail of time and place is below:
Wimberley Community Center
6:00 p.m. Social Gathering
6:30—8:30 p.m. Business Meeting
BECOME A MEMBER
- NEW members may join at any time
- Your membership begins the month you join and ends December 31, of the same year.
- Membership fees are $35 a year for an individual or $50 for a family/couple membership.
- NEW members joining any month of the year, including the Fall of any given year, MUST renew their membership by December 15 of that year to remain a member during the following year.
- A LATE FEE OF $10 will be charged to all current members renewing after the December 15 cut off date.
- The Art League meets the second Monday of every month from January through December (excluding June, July and August)
- Meetings are held at the
- Wimberley Community Center
- 14068 RR12 (at the stoplight where River Road runs into RR12)
- 6:00 p.m. Social Gathering
- 6:30—8:30 p.m. Business meeting and art demonstration by noted artist
MEMBER VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS
As a non-profit organization, we are run and fueled by volunteers. Every job that keeps the Art League going from gallery shows, meetings, Arts Fest, arranging demonstrations, marketing, membership coordination, Show and Sale and Studio Tour are put on by member volunteers.
- If you participate in ANY WVAL event where your art is displayed, you are required to volunteer in some capacity, at least once per year!
- Even if you choose not to display your art you are urged to GET INVOLVED!
- Volunteering is the best way to meet other artists and have a richer experience with the Art League.
We would love to have you join us!
MEMBERSHIP FOR ART SUPPORTERS
We have many members who are not artists but appreciate art and want to support the Art League’s activities. We welcome you as well and appreciate your interest. Just check off on the Membership Application that you are an Arts Supporter. We don’t expect you to attend meetings or volunteer, but we would welcome you to do it.